I don't use any kind of back stop on the leader. If the worst happens and the line parts, the lead can pass unhindered over the end of the leader and a fish won't be left trailing the lead. You can use any leader material or tubing with this rig or even no leader if you're not a fan of lead core or the water you're fishing bans it's use.
Obviously you will lose some of the bite sensitivity of a free running rig but for me that's not the main reason I've been using running rigs. Whether the Resistance Running Rig will be any more effective than a normal one, only time will tell.
Faction Carp Tackle
- Strategy Run Rig Rubber (Transparent Silt)
- Strategy Swivel Bomber lead (Brown, 2oz/56gram)
- Ultima Power Core 35lb lead core leader (Mud/Silt)
- Ashima Ring Swivel (size 8)
- Ashima RVS Rig Ring (4mm)
- Thinking Anglers 3lb Rotten Bottom (coming soon!)